Friday the thirteenth, Full moon and camping.

I forgot to mention that we were camping on friday the thirteenth, On a full moon.

Once we got to our campsite we hurried to get a good spot, It reminded me of a gold rush. Once we got set up, We went fishing in the canoe. Then we got back and it started to get dark. Since I have a thing for making up games, Me and two of my friends started playing one of the games I made up, I call it: Flash-Tag. It goes like this: There is one person that is it and the rest are not. The person that is it has a flashlight. (For the game to work it has to be dark outside). Everyone else is left in the pitch black. The person that is it counts to sixty. Everyone hides. When the person finishes their counting. They come looking for you. If they tag you with the light you are it. On a big camping site with lots of hiding spots, Its a great game.

When we went to bed I didn’t get a very good sleep because my dad and his friend were up half the night laughing about something, and my best friend slept in the same bed as me and he slept in the very middle of the small mattress. When I woke up I went fishing and explored the campsite a little more. It was fun. Me and my dad decided to leave early because the wind was against us and we didn’t want to have to canoe if it were to pick up. It Picked Up. By the time we got to the tunnel I was exhausted. Two of the older guys who followed us attempted to get through the tunnel, But could not because the current was too strong. So the portaged over. We waited until there was a motor boat going out and asked if they could give us a tow. They did.

We then struggled for about two hours against white-cap waves and wind and rain. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. The only way I kept fear out of me was closing my eyes and just imagining I was at home in a nice warm shower. To tell you just how bad it was, I later learned that a grown man that was canoeing with another guy behind us didn’t know if he was going to make it to the shore. He was a GROWN man!!! But we did. After we landed on the shore, The other people got there fifteen minutes after we did, They left two hours after we did. How is that possibe? They PAID a motor boat to tow them all back. I felt ripped off. I took off my shoes & socks when we got there and looked at my right foot. I had lost total feeling in it and it was blue. This scared both me and my dad. Then one of my friends said: Chance? I said: Yes? He Said: What color is your shoe? I said: Blue. Turns out, The die had bled into my foot. I was fine.

And that, Was a summary of what happened on the canoe trip. Hope you enjoyed,


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s